HOME GENERATOR INSTALLATION
Home generator installation is another important thing that will give you the peace of mind you need in your house as it helps you power your appliances in emergencies. It is mostly installed by electrical contractors. Generators are used in both commercial and residential buildings when there is electrical failure. Stand by generators are an inevitable requirement to combat power outage and overcome some setbacks in the case of power failure. Generators can carry high voltage equipment and are capable of automatic functioning during power outage.
In generator installation, there are some key things you need to know. They include:
- Selecting a generator. This is one of the factors you have to put into consideration before installing a generator. You need to select a suitable generator that would power your residential building without any form of hindrance.
- You also have to take note of the appliances you have in your home and note their voltage. It will help you to determine the type of generator you want to buy. Then you know if the voltage of your appliances match with the voltage of the generator you want to buy.
Having taken into consideration the above factors, you can now go into full generator installation.
HOW DO I INSTALL A RESIDENTIAL GENERATOR?
To begin with, you need to get a good electrical contractor who would handle the project for you. We have years of experience with this sort of service..
After you have purchased a generator, remove it from the packaging and go through it to see if there are any faulty or damaged components which may have been compromised during shipping.
- Check whether the voltage and capacity of the generator is capable of handling the task for which you bought it. We can check this for you as well.
- Place the unit outdoors in a protective enclosure where it would have access to air and where ventilation is available.
- Remember to install the generator in a close proximity to the location of the transfer switch and fuel supply, to reduce the required length of piping and cabling.
- A grounding lug is usually provided for grounding the flame and it is usually done by a specialist in the field of installation.
- Also note to charge the batteries before inserting it into a generator.
- Be careful while unpacking and installing the transfer switch.
Finally, connect the unit to the electrical system supplied by the utility only by means of the automatic transfer switch.
When embarking on this project, adequate precautions need to be taken to avoid accident which may occur during installation. Some may occur when fixing the nuts. It is advisable that you hire competent hands for your installation. Our team of well trained and certified installers are available to deliver the professional service you desire for your residence’s generator installation!